The Entrance Test Program has been created to provide a way for reflexologists who wish to be registered through the RRCO to do so.
If you are a reflexologist or know of a reflexologist who has studied at a non-registered school, outside the province or in another country, this program is the ideal way for them to become a member of this association.
Do You Qualify?
Successful completion of the program includes:
- First year’s membership (current value $120)
- Wall Certificate and Sticker
- Wallet size Membership Card
- Use of the professional Certification Mark: RRPr
- Lapel pin
- Use of logo in your marketing and promotions
- Eligibility for RRCO Professional and General Liability Insurance coverage at a low rate (includes other modalities)
- Voluntary listing on the RRCO website
- Municipal licensing support where required
- Ability to sit on the governing council and make important decisions on behalf of your craft
- All the rights and privileges of an RRPr
Areas to Study
For the Written Exam please study the following areas. You will have two hours to complete it.
- Know the proper medical terms for the following body systems;
- Skin / Integumentary
- Know the bones of the foot
- Know the five major segments of the spine
Have knowledge of the following Reflexology Concepts:
- How to take a patient History
- Do’s & Don’ts
- When to adjust pressure
- Referral areas
- Comparing foot reflexes left and right
- Relevant medical terms
- How to Label zones on the foot.
To be brought to Practical Exam:
- Foot Reflexology Chart sized 8 ½ x 11 minimum. This helps the practical examiner judge if you are working on the reflexes in the right location, based on your training. If you no longer have a foot chart, you may choose a chart from the market to use for the practical test.
- Proof of practicum (minimum 50 pairs of feet), if not previously submitted with application.
- Lotion/oil (supplies you usually use when doing a foot reflexology treatment)
Successful completion of the written and practical test with a minimum grade of 80% on each, PLUS submission of the following:
- Proof of reflexology course taken; further information below.
- Fee of $323 – includes first year membership (value $120)
PLEASE NOTE: If you have not had formal classes, AND have been a reflexologist in a clinical setting for many years, you may still apply to the Entrance Test Program Committee. You are required to provide a notarized statement to this effect, at your expense, along with some documentation. You will then be able to follow up with the required testing.
Print off the RRCO_Entrance_Test, fill in all fields and mail to the address listed on the form, along with the required documents.
Included With Your Application:
- Cheque for $323 (non-refundable)
- Proof of course taken, including photocopy of certificate, hours of course (minimum 30 in-class hours). If your course was in another language, it must be translated into English and notarized.
- Photocopy of your 8 ½” x 11″ Foot Reflexology Chart.